The “religion” figures look good, but sadly the reality is somewhat different. You see, in spite of the large number of professing Christians, many millions have never received Jesus as their Saviour and Lord and we are told there is a huge lack of discipleship teaching material in the national Tagalog language.
It was in 2015 that DPM's Philippines Director, John Cochrane (a Kiwi) began to have Derek’s Bible teaching translated and printed. Since then, he has been able to travel and distribute Derek’s Self Study Bible Course in Tagalog to Bible Colleges and Pastors’ meetings in several parts of the country. Divine Exchange and How to Pass from Curse to Blessing have now also been printed in Tagalog and these are already proving to be a huge blessing to believers whose spiritual eyes are being opened.
We have been advised that the time for much greater expansion for DPM in the Philippines is now! We urgently need to keep the momentum going and one of the ways to do this is by having a DPM-Philippines website. This site will be in English, which many millions speak, and is currently being built by DPM. There are also other important things John would like to put in place in this nation of 102 million including:
- Establishing an office/storeroom in Manila city with permanent staff.
- Providing training for staff members and volunteers who could become
- “nation-wide promoters” of Derek’s Bible teaching material.
- Significantly increasing the translation of Derek’s Bible teaching into the national language, especially smaller booklets and Teaching Letters, which would be freely distributed.
- Ensuring that every Bible school in the Philippines has a selection of Derek’s books for their library, as well as student awareness of the DPM website and all the free resources available.
We would love to be able to start putting these initiatives into place right now, however, our current lack of funding for Philippines outreach makes it almost impossible to do so. We are therefore asking for your prayerful support to please to help us increase the impact Derek’s Bible teaching can have across this huge nation.
If you are able to partner with us to help expand our work in the Philippines, please click the button below to donate securely online:
The link will forward you to our New Zealand website to process your donation. One hundred percent of your donation will go to the outreach here in the Philippines.